ABOUT BASTIAN SASCHA SCHMIDT, L.AC., DIPL. OM
During a 10-day meditation retreat in 2001, I experienced something exciting and life-changing: I was sitting in nature meditating, when I felt a flow of subtle energies move through my body that seemed to run along certain pathways. After further meditation, I realized that these energies were connected to the flow of life force—what the ancient Chinese called the flow Qi.
I had once read about the 12 Regular and 8 Extraordinary meridians of the Traditional Chinese medical system (TCM), and I sensed that what I was feeling was connected to this system. This occurrence sparked a passionate interest in an in-depth study of body and mind and led me to the study of Eastern medical traditions with a focus on TCM.
Since my retreat, I have studied herbal medicine with Dr. Michael Tierra OMD, author of “The Way of Herbs,” engaged in an in-depth study of Reiki, a Japanese healing system, with various teachers around the country, trained in martial arts and yoga, and studied Shiatsu massage at the San Francisco school of Massage. Additionally, after four years of vigorous training in Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), completed a Masters program at the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM) in San Francisco. As part of this curriculum I treated numerous patients in the ACTCM clinic for over two years, gaining deep insight on a wide range of disease patterns, while building valuable and lasting relationships with patients.
I have a professional background in psychology, graduating from Hunter College in New York City with a Bachelor of Sciences degree. I have worked as a psycho-social counselor at non-profit organizations in San Francisco and in San Mateo County for over 4 years, aiding mental health clients to create more healthy and meaningful lives.
It is my highest priority to create a safe space for my patients where emotional and physical blockages can be released in a transformative and healing manner. I look forward to being part of your journey to greater health and vibrancy!
- Master of Sciences Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM), San Francisco, California.
- Bachelor of Sciences Degree in Psychology from Hunter College, New York, New York.
- Abitur Diploma (Baccalaureate), with English and and Biology major from Eichenschule Scheessel, Germany.
- Licensed by the California Acupuncture Board to practice Acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, and Therapeutic Massage in the State of California.
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
- Shiatsu certification from the San Francisco School of Massage, San Francisco, California.
- Reiki certification from Reiki Master Margaretta von Recklinghausen, San Francisco, California.
- Clean Needle Technique (CNT) certified by Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM).
- CPR/First Aid certified by the American Red Cross.